What is a partial hospitalization program? When seeking addiction treatment, many options can help you at multiple stages of your recovery. Some programs, like detox, are helpful for the initial phase of recovery. However, what comes next once you have completed detox and successfully combated withdrawal symptoms? Many facilities offer a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) option for those continuing the next steps in their recovery journey.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) combine intensive inpatient services with some of the conveniences of outpatient programs. In other words, the commitment and intensity of the program are somewhere between going to a therapist’s office once a week and remaining in a facility both night and day. While PHP is technically considered an outpatient service (meaning that you are not residing in the same place you receive care), PHP usually requires a full-time commitment for a few weeks or months.
PHP has a daily schedule of recovery activities and life skills classes (some refer to PHP as a “day program”). Many PHP offer group therapy and individual therapy sessions within the schedule. Clients in PHP share classes and sessions with their peers and frequently enjoy fellowship and camaraderie.
What Do You Do In Partial Hospitalization Programs?
Depending upon the program, you might encounter varying activities and sessions. Some programs might meet for a few days each week for only a half-day, whereas others meet five days per week for seven to eight hours per day. Choosing the right PHP for you depends upon your needs in recovery and your availability to participate.
About PHP at Cornerstone Healing CenterCornerstone Healing Center in Scottsdale, Arizona, offers a main track for PHP and two tailored tracks for its Partial Hospitalization Program. The Ready to Launch program is designed to help young adults overcome addiction and begin planning for their futures. Along with the usual mental health and addiction services provided during treatment, Ready to Launch specifically addresses some critical life skills needed by young adults, such as:
- Workplace Entry Preparation:
- This program is for young adults struggling with addiction who might feel behind others their age due to losing time from active addiction and treatment.
- Get a jump-start on creating the career of your dreams while also learning recovery skills.
- This program can prepare you for various aspects of a career, such as making a resume and cover letter, entering or finishing school, searching for jobs, and preparing for interviews.
- Credit Repair:
- Beginning life with debt and poor credit can hinder you from purchasing a car or finding housing.
- Cornerstone’s PHP can help you learn the skills to fix and maintain your credit.
- Relationship Building:
- Young adults in early recovery might seek romantic partners or friendships while maintaining sobriety.
- Due to the prevalence of social drinking and drug use in young adults, those in recovery might fear isolation due to recovery.
- During relationship-building sessions, young adults learn how to build and maintain healthy relationships without sacrificing sobriety.
Do I Need a PHP?
Depending upon your needs in recovery and your current stage of treatment, a PHP might be the next step for you. While PHP will be time-intensive in the short term, you will learn crucial life skills while continuing through the next phase of your treatment. For those wanting to learn how to maintain sobriety, work on underlying disorders, and find direction for life beyond treatment, a PHP may be a worthwhile experience on your continued journey in recovery!
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) can offer an array of benefits to help you get back on track in a life disrupted by addiction and learn the skills needed to live the life of your dreams. Many PHPs offer life skills courses, peer support, therapy, and other holistic activities to help you in your next treatment phase.
Some programs, like our rehab in Scottsdale, AZ, offer PHP with two tracks depending upon a person’s career development during treatment.
Our Ready to Launch program can help adults begin careers and families following addiction in early life.
Professional PHP benefits adults who are already working on their careers or families and might need to learn skills to maintain and repair these critical areas.
We can meet you where you are to find the best treatment options for your addiction recovery. Call Cornerstone Healing Center today to learn more about our PHP and other programs at (800) 643-2108.